Sunday, January 20, 2019

Research for Gradeless Classroom

During the summer of 2017, I began to research how to become a "gradeless" classroom. The research brought me to a book by Mark Barnes titled, "Assessment 3.0," and another by Starr Sackstein which is part of the Hacking Learning series. I also found some TED talks and multiple related articles online about this new way of assessing students.

The book by Mark Barnes focuses on mastery learning and providing authentic feedback to the student. Assessment 3.0 also follows the SE2R (summarize, explain, redirect, and resubmit). Starr Sacksteins book allows follows this model and was written after she read "Assessment 3.0". The two books were very quick reads and also excited me about the idea of having a gradeless classroom. I began to email Starr to discuss how I could move forward and she was a huge help and also very responsive to my questions. I continued my research and then began to plan how to implement the new "gradeless" system.

No comments:

Post a Comment